[VAC] Re: Polish exterior

> [1] Did the 1964 Bambi ll come with an exterior clear coat finish?

Yes ('62 was optional, by 1965 100%).  It may have been stripped since
though.  Our '65 Caravel was stripped in the early '80's

> [2] If so, how do I tell for sure?

It will look like mange by now - it's hard to miss.  The standard test
is to use a little polish on the skin - if it blackens quickly, there is
no clearcoat.

> [3] If so how do I remove it so I can polish the exterior?

Stripper (Bix seems to be a common recommendation.  I use a two part
from Mohawk myself.  Paste followed by a wash.

> [4] any advise on polishing?

I'm going to update my Polishing website over the next few weeks based
upon over one full year of living with a polished exterior, plus a bunch
of experiments I tried on the poor Caravel this spring - plus a great
hands on polishing demo using NuVite polish that was given at the VAC
Bass Lake rally.  It was a real eye-opener as all those who attended
will attest.

RJ
VintageAirstream.com