[VAC] Re: history

Andrea...
I was interested in the history of our old number and our current
number, but had difficulty finding the member that had saved all the old
registrys and coming up
witht the time available that I could go back through the books to see
who had the trailer before me....It would seem that a database with the
history of any given
number would have been something that WBCCI would have maintained and
may have in some form or other... even if it is a card with the names of
the past and
current holders of the number....All our dealings with the club have
been through someone at the regional level and when time permits and the
urge to know is
strong enough, we will go to the Ohio office and try to do a little
history tracking....I would understand if I came up against a stone wall
, since I have no real claim
to the knowledge except curiosity about previous owners of the
trailer....

I have come to the conclusion that all Airstreamers do not belong to
WBCCI and all WBCCI mambers do not put their numbers on .. I had my
numbers at the rally
we attended last year but was in the polishing process and did not have
them on the trailer... It was a problem for the rally people who were
trying to deliver
telephone messages and could not find the trailer with the right # ...

When we had an Airstream back in the 60's we thought of the "Club" as
the ones who wanted to caravan...(and did not try to join up)    We had
co-workers and
friends with Airstreams who did not attempt to join...(too busy to think
of Caravaning)... When you decide to apply for numbers, you can work
with the regional rep
to pick something that is inactive in the directory and means something
to you.. like some combination of birthdays....The main office will say
yea or nay based on
information that is more current than the directory...

Good Luck

Jim Clark   #3016... a combination of birthdays....