[VAC] Re: Brake controllers

Our 50's era trailer had two axles with one being electric and the other
hydraulic... the hydraulic axle was activated by a slave
cylinder that was coupled to a cylinder that was tapped into the vehicle
break lines... the two cylinders were snapped together at
hookup and the tow and trailer were actually connected by a hose.. about
1/4'' id or there-abouts....The electric axle was controlled
by a KH controller and I remember it was adjustable by turning the hand
activation lever to change the amount of breaking current
to the trailer when a given pressure was applied to the vehicle
breaks... worked fine as far as I remember... I could stop quicker with
the trailer than I could without it....

Jim Clark