[VAC] Brake controllers

Thanks to all for the varied responses to my query on Hydraulic Brake
Controllers.  I am inclined now to go with an electric controller for
several reasons.  First, I may be pulling friends trailers who are not
equipped with the connections.

I have several questions about Brake controllers in general:

1.	Vintage Airstreams have different pin configurations than modern trailers.
	Do we have to rewire every time we switch between vintage and modern?
	Is there an adapter that can cross wires inline

2. 	If we use a hydraulic unit, we must need a separate electrical
connector for lights
	and power.  What kind of plug connects these signals?

3.	One of the vendors today asked me if my PU was wired for the 7 prong plug?
	I assume that it is not and I will have to tap in and run a wire harness from?
	(lights, brakes, turn signals, back-up lights, house power, ground)?

I assume turn signals occupy two wires so that would add up to seven.  Correct?
It's a pain to change pullers but in the end, I am sure it will be worth it.

Bob