[VAC] Re: Hydraulic brake controllers

Joy,

Can you or your RV dealer site the federal or state statute that makes it "illegal" to "break" an ABS line?

How can a dealer, independent mechanic, or individual owner repair or replace a leaking or failed brake master cylinder, proportioning valve, wheel cylinder, brake line, or flexible brake line in a late model car or truck if it is illegal to "break" the hydraulic line?

I recently removed the steel tubing between my rear ABS brakes and brake master cylinder and inserted a tee fitting and steel line provided by Kelsey-Hayes to install the Kelsey-Hayes hydraulic-electric controller.  I am currently using it on an ABS equipped '94 Ford.  It works great.  I used it during a recent almost 5000 mile journey from West Texas to Maryland to attend the Cherry Blossom Rally.

Harvey Barlow