[VAC] Re: Hydraulic brake controllers

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=583504362

This appears to be an old tekonsha hydraulic/electric controller! i didn't
even know tekonsha made an hydraulic controller.

The recent discussions regarding brake controllers on the A/S list have
covered this pretty thoroughly.
I talked to a guy at Hayes-Lemmerz last week, trying to locate any
Kelsey-Hayes controllers (81739C and 81740C were the last two - they stopped
making them several years ago, and shipped the last two 81740C's about two
years ago to CanAm RV, I think). They're still out there, in stockrooms and
on shelves in truck stops and RV shops. My local RV shop has all the
tee-fittings to cut them into your tow-vehicle's brake line, but no
hydraulic brake controllers. Be warned, though: a lot of shops won't install
them on your ABS-equipped vehicles, although there are ways to install them
safely on a vehicle with ABS brakes.

Until I find one, I'm going to experiment with the Ultima 2020 electronic
controller - see:
http://www.go.to/jordanresearch - They come very highly recommended. Some
folks like the inertia-sensing pendulum units - I don't. They're a little
too 'hinky' for my taste. The solid state 'ramp' type controllers apply the
same braking onset (time-based) no matter what the tow-vehicle's brakes are
doing.

Tuna