[VAC] Carpenter ants, Boring (carpenter)bees, etc.

Hi All,

	Living in semi-tropical South Carolina in the boonies for the past 25
years has giving me the chance to enjoy both carpenter bees and carpenter
ants.  The bees leave a 3/16 inch perfectly round hole...looks like someone
drilled it with a forstner bit.  If the bees are after your trailer you
will see them, hear them and hate them...a badmitton racket is the most
enjoyable way to deal with them.  (My brother-in-law has sent 425 to their
maker this spring). I have found the best way to take care of them on a
house is to drive galvanized screws into their holes so that they can't
escape.  While bug spray might work, having it mist all over you while you
are crawling around trying to spray the holes is not how I prefer to die.
Strangely enough, if you have some of the old milk bottles from the fifties
and hang them in your rafters they have to check the bottle out...I have
trapped thousands with one milk bottle.

Carpenter ants are usually found where the wood is damp and has been for a
while.  We have little and big carpenter ants here...the little ones my
grandmother referred to as "piss ants" because when a dozen or so bite you
it make you want to piss on them!  You would pretty much have to replace
the wood to get rid of them but the dampness would also have to be stopped.
 The idea of epoxy resin sealing the floor sounds like a winner!

Handy Randy
Still looking for my Airstream is S.C.