[VAC] Table Lamp

What do folks use for a lamp to light up the table?
So you can see to do the crossword puzzle or find your dinner on the
plate ?

My '73 has ceiling lights, and reading lights over the front lounge, and
a light over the sink and stove, but that's all.

My Service Manual shows no curcuit to the wall over the table, or even
near it, but there are some 120V plugs, and one 12V.

I am thinking about rehabing a 120V lamp to 12V and attaching to the top
of the credenza ( that's the 7" wide part that the table folds down
under)

Any Ideas ?

Would a hanging lamp beat its brains out when the trailer is moving ?

Daisy (gittin to the Git Rot)