[VAC] Re: Trouble with termites?

Steve,

I too recently repaired the fresh water tank on my '69 Caravel.  My problem
was leaks from the top of the tank. (in the corners, the tank would swell
when full and cracks would show-otherwise they were invisible) I replaced
the flooring and used a heavy mill plastic liner (from bath and shower dept.
at Home Depo) under the fresh water tank, just in case they persisted.

My floor showed signs of rot, but I now believe that it was just water
damage rot and not insects.  I cannot believe that an insect would chew on
plastic, regardless of the water inside, but maybe they grow bigger where
you live.  Do a pressure check on your tank with a garden hose and see if
the top leaks...I think you'll be surprised.

SteveC
'69 Caravel in TC, Mich.