[VAC] Re: Headroom Question

The problem with old Airstreams is not the interior height, but the low cut
door! I don't know how many times I've whacked my head on the way out the
door. It's worse on my '63 than it is on my '71. I finally made a cushion
for over the door so it won't hurt so much!  Once inside, the ceiling is
plenty tall!

The  1963 Globe Trotter has a ceiling about the same as my 1971, but the
cabinets intrude less on the '63. I find that the older trailer is a lot
easier to work at the sink and stove. I'm 6 foot. My wife, being about half
a foot shorter, likes the 1971 better since the overhead cabinet is a little
lower. I can not comfortably do the dishes in the sink of the 1971 trailer
....not that doing dishes is ever a "comfortable" thing to do !!

MARC WEIMER
Punxsutawney, PA  -  Home of the Groundhog
#15767
1963 Globe Trotter
1971 Globe Trotter
http://users.penn.com/~mweimer/weimer.html