[VAC] Smoke & Tears

Well I finally finished buttoning up my 1979 Ford E-150 camper van
puller.  Two months and $1700 and it passed California Smog, with no smoke
and running well.  As I pulled out of the mechanics yard I noticed a
picture perfect puller for me.

It is a 1966 Ford E-250 special issue called "Camper Special".  It has one
ton drive train and three separate gas tanks totalling 60 gallons.  The
current owner says that it was designed for the biggest camper shells.

It is in cherry shape but has only a simple shell over the rear bed.  The
engine looks brand new.  Too make a long story short we agreed to a
straight swap . . . subject to test driving tommorow.

If any of you have feed back on this relic I would greatly appreciate.  It
has a 351 Windsor with a 2barrel carb and C-6 transmission.

This deal would certainly change my perspective on "smoke & tears".

Thanks,
Bob