[VAC] Smoke & Tears

I did some research calls this AM and heard that if I really want to seal
up my chronically leaking valve gaskets then I have two choices.

Cheapest:  Stamped steel (tin) covers with Dr. G. lock down levers and
composite gasket

Best:  Aluminum covers with composite gaskets

I asked why aluminum was better.  The store's tech said that it was because
they are constructed of thicker material around the edge where the bolts
torque the cover down.

Sadly, aluminum cost nearly 3 times as much as steel, but after all the
smoke and tears I've seen I am inclined to over engineer this solution.

My thanks to all on the list who led me toward this knowledge.
Bob