[VAC] Re: Water intrusion '69 Safari tail light bezels

I prefer to use silicone dielectric grease for lamp sockets and lamp
bases. Its worked in Ford trucks for more than 17 years.

The lamp base on my Caravel license plate lamp was just a ball of rust.
Nothing recoverable. I found an identical fixture in a NAPA catalog but
decided to use something else more modern from Grote that was far
cheaper. May not last any better, but replacement is easier.

Gerald J.