[VAC] Re: LEDs

Cool White fluorescents are the reason fluorescents are often despised.
Some consider the colors ghoulish.

Look for Compact Fluorescents, not circuline or short straight
fluorescent lamps to find much improved colors and I think efficiencies.
The miniature straight lamps are cheap and rotten sources of light, both
for color and for efficiency. I KNOW that CW's collection of
fluorescents seems to be only the old miniature straight lamps.

While the old 40 watt 4 foot tubes do around 95 lumens per watt, the 6
watt T5 lamps do only 50 lumens per watt, and are commonly available
only in cool white. Warm white would probably not do as good.

Gerald J.