[VAC] Re: Need Info on Restoring Interiors

Hi Michele - I stand on the fence on this topic --
here's why:

Assuming the trailer is in HORRIBLE shape (floor rot
through, dents everywhere etc.)
-I'd restore a 1936 clipper to EXACT original.
-I'd restore a 1960 Tradewind to however I felt like
it.

Assuming the trailer is PRISTINE:
-I'd hook it up and go for a trip.

I don't think the interior of the trailer makes much
difference value wise - as long as it's not trashed -
I don't think it matters if it's not original(in most
cases.)  With the exception of a true collector's item
like a '36 clipper, a non-original interior might mean
a $10-15k difference. Most Airstreams have
modifications if they've been used, and are that old.
Most vintage units sell for less than $10,000 and even
more sell for less than $4000.  Seems like people put
more importance on the condition of the body, and
whether eveything works - rather than what color it is
etc...

Toby