[VAC] Re: Replacement of the AC Unit

Ed,

With the AC dying on you it kinda solves your leak problem!

If you want the condensate to run down the drain tube and out the bottom of
your trailer you will have to go to Airstream to get their drain pan. They
supposedly are only good for one installation and are only made for one
brand A/C unit. At least this is what they told me a couple of years back
when my A/C died. I figured that they had a better chance to do it right so
I had Paul Sherry RV (an Airstream dealer) do the installation. For some
reason the drain pan does not work and I have condensate running down the
side of the trailer. So I cannot recommend them for AC work. Hopefully other
dealers do better with this.

If you do not mind the condensate running down the side of the trailer,
Camping World (or any place else) would be fine. The brand would not matter
and you could save yourself some $$. My parents had the AC on their Avion
replaced by CW in Brunswick, OH and they are happy with it. The question is,
what is the reputation of your local CW?

Scott Scheuermann