[VAC] Re: Dump Valve Question

Dave Huffman

I'm just putting my thought in the mill with regard to your dump valve pull
handle not to confuse things and myself as usual.  Anyway, I've heard that
the pull handle frequently breaks loose from the shaft of the gate due to
lack of lubrication of the seal.  The Thetford gate handle in my '69 Safari
is in the convenience hatch and in line with the gate valve/dump line
connection.  Mine is located very close to the water drain valves and other
plumbing and might be partially hidden to the casual viewer.  Especially if
the "T" handle is missing.  The "T" handle also has a clips on each end to
prevent it from opening accidentally.  If you have your black water hook up
inside the bumper hatch and also have a convenience hatch above the bumper,
you might have an arrangement similar to mine.

A '72 Service manual at $70 from Secretarial Services will save you a lot of
headaches!

Good luck,

                                               '69 Safari, Joy