[VAC] Re: Sanding and Painting the AS frame....

Jeff,

You just might be crazy! A few years ago I dropped the belly pan on my 1960 Overlander. I did this because I was conserned about rust on the frame where I could not see it. I knew that it DID have a rust THRU problem on the frame at both the front and rear of the trailer where the frame is exposed so I expected the worse. Besides, I live in the rust belt. Turns out that I had no cause for alarm. The paint on the frame within the belly of the trailer was in pristine shape. My advise would be to forget about the frame within the belly and just paint the exposed parts. I use Rustoleum. The most common colors used on the frame are silver (aluminum) and black.

Scott Scheuermann