[VAC] Re: LED light bulbs-prices

Dear Dr. G.
        I want to thank you for all your wealth of technical information on this and a host of issues.  Light is one of the subjects for which I have some background and interest.  I graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology in Photography 30 years ago and acted as a professional since that time.

Could it not be possible to simplify the analysis of all different types of lamps by configuring different, and comparably rated "white light" bulb/lens configurations and then simply measuring their output on a target of white with an incident light meter.  Additionally a spectrum analysis could be done to tell us the color temperature of the various "white light" fixtures.

I am most interested in whether a light will be bright enough, controllable enough, soft enough, financially feasible, easy to install and render a "faithful" view of the subject without distorting big chunks of the spectrum.

Your the man!
Bob

Once we knew how much output of usable light are available from each type fixture (fluro
incandescent and LED) we would be able to test (by use) the cost/life of each fixture.  Perhaps someone has done such simple testing but I haven't seen it.