[VAC] Re: shocks for 54'

Erin,

The original shocks on my '66 Safari 22' were Delco (GM) with a part number
that would no longer cross in parts manuals.  I took the shocks to my local
NAPA dealer who measured the shock mounts and the length compressed and
extended and came out with a pair of NAPA Gas Deluxe shocks with part number
94005 at a cost of about $18/shock.  That shock fits the front suspension of
'60s - '70s 1/2 ton Chevy pickups.  They fit perfectly when installed.  The
trailer is still in my shop undergoing slow paced repairs so has not been
towed except around the block a couple of times when I was cleaning out the
shop or moving things around so I will not testify in court that they are
the same shocks the engineers originally specified but others have told a
similar story of using 1/2 ton Chevy shocks as replacements.

Harvey Barlow