[VAC] Re: LED light bulbs-prices

         Don't be *too* hard on them, Gerald...the data is interesting, but
of little use to us, other than curiosity.  I doubt they were trying to
answer "our question," or even knew (or care) what "our question" is.
         Examining some of the links you and others have provided, I've
concluded that if the LED mfg. want to sell their product for illumination,
then either the LED mfg.. need to start publishing equivalences to our
standard incandescent lamps, or else we need to find the "mcd" ratings and
illumination cones for the incandescent lamps.  Are the latter readily
available?  I think you commented once that the incadescent lamps were
generally rated on a 4*pi illumination sphere; it's simple to convert an
illumination cone angle to an equivalent solid angle, and maybe we could
get a comparison that way?

- Dick
(5368)