[VAC] Re: Wierd Brakes

Pat,
 It's really best to have a brake ammeter in the cab of your tow vehicle
so you can tell exactly how much power is going to your brakes, but few
people do. (I don't...yet) In lieu of that, you could probably tap in a
light bulb to the brake wire and you'd be able to get an idea of what's
happening.

I doubt that anything in the controller has to 'warm up', but the brakes
will definitely act different warm vs. cold. The magnet has a tiny brake
shoe built into it, and a light spring holds it against the 'armature'
surface in the drum. I can well imagine a different friction coefficient
when you've driven a while and warmed up the magnet and armature, dunno
what else it might be.

                                    <<Jim>>