[VAC] Re: DC TV's

Jim,

Took the words out of my mouth. Yes it is more effecient going 12v, but not
near 10 times. There is always power loss during any conversion and an
inverter is no different. I do know that the watt draw for the tv we got
was the lowest we could find locally. I figured 8 amp/hour for the new tv
and 2 amp/hour for the digital satellite receiver. These figures are from
rvsolar.com. When I get a 100 watt solar panel, three batteries with my 2K
generator we will be ready to boondock with at least 3 hours of tv per night.

                                                        73 Safari