[VAC] Re: Campground Discounts

Warren:
I'm something of a newby myself or at best a retread, haveing lived in
an Airstream back in the 60's.. We belong to the Presidents club at
Camping World, and last year joiined Sams and KOA....Camping World is a
good source for RV "stuff" and you will probably buy more than you
expect the first year... SAMS and KOA both  seem to be good parks, with
Sams generally the more expensive in our experience... you will guickly
get to know who caters to kids, and who wants you to go to your trailer
and not make any noise... Get the Woodall Guide and after a few camps
you will know what you like and what questions to ask when you call
them.... for us a laundry is more important than a swimming pool, but
that is strictly subjective... Plan on losing some money the first year
or so and join everything .( you can figure the break even point where
the discounts exceed the membership ).. listen to everyone and then do
what fits you....Some of the best camps we have been in are state camps
and they want you to join as well and offer good deals if you buy a
annual ticket....(Wisconsin and Michigan)