[VAC] Re: Compact Flourescent Bulbs

Your vision has me interested. We received an LED flashlight as a gift for
something-or-other and since I saw it I have been intrigued by the thought
of having an extremely low power consuming light source. I'm glad to hear
that you have ordered a set of LED's so that I didn't have to spend the
money to experiment ;-)   I don't think you mentioned what size these LED's
are. I hope you publish all pertinent specifications here on this list when
your experiments are done.

I have my '63 Globe Trotter parked out in the woods with no source of AC
power. The only way I can charge the battery is to either take the battery
out and bring it home, or hook the car up to it when I drive out there
(which is what I did last year). My current plan is to buy a 15watt solar
panel to do the charging. I have those big power hungry 12 volt Edison base
bulbs in the '63. Installing a fluorescent fixture was one plan I had. What
I did so far was install some low wattage bulbs in my dual voltage fixtures;
they are 12 v miniature bulbs that would be used for marker lamps, etc..
They are dim, but bright enough to see most things at night (better than a
candle). It's not exactly task lighting, but I can turn the big bulbs on for
that. If
the LED lighting works out, that might be an ideal light source.

I'll be anxiously awaiting your results!!

MARC WEIMER
Punxsutawney, PA  -  Home of the Groundhog
#15767
1963 Globe Trotter
1971 Globe Trotter
http://users.penn.com/~mweimer/weimer.html