[VAC] Re: White LEDs (was Compact Flourescent Bulbs)

The "white" light of a white LED comes from using a bright blue LED and
phosphors. Its sure that some of the blue light leaks through and that
the phosphors for reds aren't bright. Red phosphors tend to be the
weakest no matter how they are excited.

Amber/orange super high output LEDs have the greatest light output per
milliamp of any color seems like.

I will have to experiment with the LEDs to see if what I see in the
numbers is useful or I'm being misled comparing spherical candela to
beam candela.

Gerald J.