[VAC] Meeting Harvey and Fresh Water Tank

Greetings all,

I have a general comment, and a question.  First, last week I took our '75 Tradewind to the factory in Ohio for service to get it ready for the road, and what a good job they did for us.  But picking a campsite the night before my scheduled service, I backed in right next to Harvey Barlow, who was on his way to the Cherry Blossom Rally.  And what a kind and pleasant person he was, ready and willing to help a newbie like me, as my rookie nature no doubt showed through.  Thanks again Harvey for all the advise.  What I really wanted to do was have you over for a beer (or pop) and really pick your brain, and I suppose I shouldn't be so shy.  There will be another time!  But a question for someone who cares to pick up on this....with all the talk recently of filling the fresh water tank before leaving on a trip....is it possible that all that weight could do damage to the fresh water tank in transit?  When w! ! e first purchased our Airstream in Jan, we were warned that driving with the black or gray water tank full could break the brackets that hold them in place, so always dump them before taking off on the road.  Is this same precaution wise for the freshwater tank?  On our Tradewind, the black and gray tanks are in the rear, while the freshwater tank is in front of the axle.

Robert