[VAC] Re: A Modest Proposal

This is a worthwhile ida but I can see amultitude of provlems with this
program
1 a home base for these trailers would have to be established
2 who would deside what trailers to buy and how much are we going to pay
3 who is going to do the work? our membership is scattered to the four
corners of the us.
4 would these trailers just be restored or in some cases be updated?.
5 where would the funds come from? we are talking big bucks a badly ragged
out trailer will consume thousands of $ and hundred of hours of skilled
labour.
All of this needs to be very carefully thought out and all the Is dotted and
theTs crossed before any move is made.
I believe a more fitting tribute to Bill Scott would be an annual Bill Scott
Memorial Rally. located somewhere in the central U.S.
Just a thought but what do I know?
Jim Smith
1
1965 Tradewind(The Silver Abaltross)
1992 Dodge Cummings Diesel
P.S.the name The silver abaltross was discussed with Bill at the Fredicksburg
rally he smiled and said when I get it finished I mite want to change the
name to the silver swan .