[VAC] Re: Best toilet use

Bob,
 Others have told you to keep the valve closed until the tank is more
than 1/2 full, then empty it. I'll add this:

Just before opening the dump valve, pour a bucket of water down the
toilet or fill it nearly to the brim, flush, then open the valve. After
the tank has drained completely, pour another bucket of water (or a full
bowl) down the toilet to flush out the tank. We follow this procedure
and you can look down the toilet when we're done and the bottom of the
tank appears CLEAN. The idea is to stir up the tank contents, dump while
it's still swirling around, and follow with a large surge of water to
finish the job. Think about how your home toilet works and you'll get
the idea, you don't want to just trickle some water at the job.

If you're dumping the tank and going to be moving on, you should have
closed your greywater dump valve to accumulate some water in the tank.
(close it before doing the breakfast dishes and/or before the morning
shower) Dumping the greywater tank after the black tank will flush out
the slinky hose.

                                       <<Jim>>