[VAC] Re: Help with towingcar!

Dear Victor,
        I also own a 66 Safari.  It is a relatively light unit and will not require a "monster puller".  I recommend a simple approach like a one way rental of a truck or van from Uhaul or Ryder.  They have units equipped with tow packages.  The only problem may be to have 3 wires switched on the 7 pin connector to conform the old Airstream standard to modern pin configurations.

By using such a major company you can avoid the need for return to Texas of the vehicle and carry all your personal effects in the pulling truck.  That allows you to really baton down the Airstream in preparation for it's cross country/ocean trip.  Overseas carriers demand an empty trailer (no personal effects) to comply with vehicle tranport tariffs.

Before leaving Texas have a good mechanic check and service the bearings and brakes on the trailer.
Aloha,
Bob