[VAC] Re: Dump Valve - 63 Globetrotter

Whew, I'm getting very confused.  My owner's manual says never to allow
automotive antifreeze to stay in the holding tank as it will damage the gate
valve seals.  Rather, the recommendation I read is to lubricate the seals
and or use a tank treatment that has a lubricant.  An friend A/Ser says to
physically lubricate the gaskets.  Sounds messy, but sure?

Hope the list gives me some guidance for when I start using my new gate
valve.  I note that it gets very difficult to open when standing closed.
Maybe it should be left in the open position when it's not being used?

                                                       '69 Safari, Joy