[VAC] Re: Tow Vehicle Connector Wiring

Another tactic might be to make you own patch cord connector that does the change over from the old to the new, with a plug on each end that sits between the tow vehicle and the trailer. I like this idea especially if the wires have never been cut before on the trailer. It seems like the number of potential  electrical problems down line is directly related to the number of times a wire has been cut and spliced back together.

Some folks here will tell me that if I do it right, I won't have any problems, my philosophy is, if I don't do it (cut a wire) at all, then I'm better off.

Just a couple of thoughts

bobb