[VAC] Re: water pump

Robert,
 Many of these systems incorporate a filter or screen on the suction
side of the pump, and those are generally servicable by removing a
single screw. The outlet side could also have a filter if someone added
it.

It should be obvious as to which port of the pump is which, the suction
side goes to the tank and the outlet eventually goes to the plumbing.
Disconnect the outlet side, connect a temporary hose, poke the end of
that hose into a bucket, and turn on the pump. It should proceed to move
water from the supply tank to the bucket, at a rate of 3 GPM or so. If
it fails to do so, there's a restriction on the suction side (that
screen?) or the pump itself is bad. You can get rebuild kits for Shurflo
pumps and replacing the entire unit isn't too expensive. IIRC, I paid
about $60.00 for the one in my Avion.

If the pump fills the bucket in good fashion, you have trouble
downstream. I'd start with that "long cylinder filter" to see if it's
plugged.

When your water system is working properly, you should have very good
flow from all faucets. It won't be quite like the city water at home,
but it'll be quite usable, not just a little pissing stream or dribble.

                                          <<Jim>>