[VAC] water pump

Hello everyone,

With the relatively pleasant weather we've been having here in Southeast Michigan, I've been testing out all the systems on our '75 Tradewind.  The previous owner was quite a tinkerer, and some of it took me forever.  But my question is this...when I fill the water tank, and turn on the water pump,  the pump runs continuos for about 15 minutes before it stops.  Is this normal?  If so, is it building up pressure?  If not normal, what could be the cause?  Seems it takes forever to learn these systems.  Thanks,

Robert