[VAC] Sight tube

Ray, before I share my "method" - please be advised <grin> that sometimes my simplistic thinking
doesn't wash the first time I try it. Revisions are a way of life for me.

First, I'll make up a sight tube (clear plastic tubing) the same length as the height of my water
tank and install two water connectors in it (top and bottom). Next, I'll install one tee on each of
the two pre-existing fittings on the water tank (one off the top vent fitting and one off the bottom
outlet fitting that goes to the water pump).

With two short pieces of tubing, I'll attach the top vent fitting to the top of the sight tube at
the connector and the bottom outlet fitting to the bottom of the sight tube at the connector.

After tightening the four fittings and adding a top and bottom clamp to secure the sight tube
against the corner woodwork, I should be done. If I'm careful and plan it right, the sight tube
won't be noticed by most visitors and should be tight enough in the corner under the dinette table
so no one will kick it with their feet while sitting at the dinette table.

When you look at my floor plan attachment, the sight tube will be positioned in the corner where the
woodwork panel below the long folding twin lounge rests against the woodwork panel under the dinette
table (beside the water tank).

I haven't done this yet, nor have I gathered the components, so I'm open to suggestions. I'm
expecting the job to be fairly simple and straight forward - but, probably time consuming.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net