[VAC] Re: water pump

Robert,
 It might take quite a while for the pump to prime, then fill the
plumbing and water heater before it builds up pressure and shuts off.
You'll know if it's building pressure by opening a faucet.

The way it 'should' work is: fill the water supply tank above the outlet
to the pump. Turn on the pump and listen to it run. Close all the
faucets, wait a bit, then open one. You should hear a little "pooft" of
air pressure, then probably nothing. Close the faucet, wait some more,
then open; you should hear the air escape again. Once I ascertain that
the pump is working and pumping, I normally close all the faucets and
wait for  the pump to finish filling the system, build pressure, and
shut off. (the pump has a built-in pressure switch) Then, I go to all
faucets in turn and open them to bleed off the air. I'm now 'good to
go', and the pump will run only when I'm drawing water.

Do yourself a favor and get a copy of Bob Livingston's "RV Maintenance
and Repair". It covers all the common RV appliances and the "systems".
If you understand one, you understand them all because they're all very
similar; even the components are mostly the same.

                                      <<Jim>>