[VAC] Re: I may buy a '64 Overlander some questions

You're smart to check this list out before buying.  If you pay that much for a
non-rare A/S it should at least have mostly original equipment in good condition,
major systems repaired or in good working condition, minimal body damage,
something you only need to do cosmetic or customizing work to.  That one sounds
like it may have some potential problems lurking under the surface, and certainly
would be some significant amount of basic restoration work if not overhaul to put
it in the kind of condition it should be in for $5K.  I'd say keep looking, don't
buy the first one you see, get familiar with various years and layouts and
features before you buy.  If you can get a chance to tow some and see what they
feel like, that might also be a good idea.  Chances are you won't get your money
back out of whatever you buy so you might as well get something you'll be happy
with.

--Sarah