[VAC] I may buy a '64 Overlander some questions

Greetings,

We have never owned an Airstream and prior to this have been tent campers.

We have found a 64 Overlander (#900's) and hope to get some advise from
people who have experience with vintage Airstreams.

The Overlander seems sound but would have the integrity checked out by a
Mechanic before purchase.  It is a two axel, rear bath, double bed model.
The cabinets surfaces have delaminated, the shower,tub, toilet has been cut
and a new toilet has been installed,  floor seems solid,  and the rest of the
inside is well used.
The outside has no major dents, 4 or 5 rivited aluminum patches no larger
than 4x7 inches, the step seems rusted in place, the gray water from the
shower joins the black water just past a shut off valve next to the tank, not
all storage doors open with a key, and their are no "eyebrows" above the door
or windows, and several holes have been made to accomidate a standard home
door light, T-V antenna, etc.

We like the trailer but would like some ideas from people with experience
with this type of situation.  We are willing to do minor repairs but would
probably have most work done professionally.  The seller is asking $5,000.

John Semon
john@sloart.com
805.542.9017
San Luis Obispo, Ca.