[VAC] Re: Generator for air conditioner?-help

Rusty:  Solar sounds like a good idea if you can set up a system that will run
A/C.  One further caution about the blackouts:  some people have been reporting
large power surges/fluctuations when power is restored, enough to fry out some
appliances.  Also some appliances and/or power strips have to be reset before
they will start up again after power has been out; don't know if this applies to
any A/C units.  But all in all it seems like it might be better to set up an
alternative power supply for the whole day than rely on something that's supposed
to switch power sources depending on availability, especially with your dog
possibly depending on the A/C to maintain a livable interior temp.  Or,
investigate parking out of the sun?  I know, too simple, no gadgets involved,
it's a flaw I have.  And the interior could still get pretty hot even out of
direct sun.

--Sarah