[VAC] Re: Outriggers / load limits

Thanks Jim and Michael, that helps.  So the outrigger is attached vertically to the back of the C-channel and braced against it, and it sort of rests on the angle iron that the outer shell is attached to, is what it looks like?  No, the floor sits on the outrigger, so this particular one must look odd because of that funky patch job, huh?  Ever since Bill made his plea for consideration of the designed load limits, I've been pondering how to augment those load limits without adding as much weight & bulk as strength -- hence our discussion about titanium I-beams or scabbing something on the backside of the C-channel frame member.  Additional outriggers are to help distribute a concentrated load in a specific area, but they wouldn't significantly increase carrying capacity overall, then, is what it looks like?  And even if you have a stiffer & stronger floor (as that aluminum honeycomb aircraft flooring might be) so you wouldn't have to add outriggers, the ultimate limiting factor would still be the axles & wheels/tires?  I like to solve as many problems as possible and have an idea how I'm going to proceed before I take something apart; being able to visualize it like this makes me feel like it might be do-able after all.

--Sarah