[VAC] Re: Aluminum source

I am planning to excise the stock A/C  on my 66 Safari.  I never use it.  Is it worth anything to anyone?  It is in working condition.

In it's place I would like to rivet a sheet of proper aluminum but I am lost about all the different types that have been mentioned.

Once that is finished I plan on four 32 watt flexible solar panels which I would rivet to the contour of the roof.  I will be installing a good charger / inverter and golf cart batteries.

Two under the galley where the old Suburban heater is housed and 2 under the couch directly across.

I assume that 5052 is a good metal for plugging the A/C hole.  Where cam I get this material.

I have been away from the VAC list for some time.  For those who have not seen the restoration on my Safari check:

http://mrminimal.com

Bob