[VAC] Re: Does '62 Bambi need an Equalizer hitch?

I`m interested in this thread as well , I tow a 67 caravel ,300 lbs. heavier
than your bambi , with a 3/4 suburban . I really hav`nt noticed the need for
weight dist .bars , nor do I know if they even make the tensioning part that
will fit on the smaller frame size of a Bambi or caravel.However folks on
the list here have cautioned me to use them. I would like to use some sway
control ,but reese dual cam needs a hitch weight of 500+ lbs. as I
understand . I`m not convinced of the effectiveness of friction type bars, I
suppose they are better than nothing (which is what I`m using ),but I hav`nt
had any trouble with sway yet. So I`m interested in what any of the smaller
model trailer owners are using out there as well , as I hope to make some
longer trips this year ,maybe the international if  I can make the time.
Chris 67 caravel