[VAC] Exhilarating!

Hi all,

Within the past week I moved our "new" '75 Tradewind off the storage lot and put it in the driveway for the first time, and what an exhilarating experience it was towing it for the first time.  Towed like a charm, didn't even know it was behind me towing with my F250 Superduty.  For now, our new Airstream is an illegal alien because a township ordinance says that trailers have to be stored in the back, not in the front, but hey!, who would ever complain about an Airstream in the neighborhood?  But no doubt some Scrooge will complain, so I'm preparing to make room in the back as a storage place.  This is causing some disagreement in the household because Mary Jane (the woman I've been with for the past 25 years, and we were married the same year our Tradewind was made) doesn't like the idea of storing a 25ft trailer in the back, considering also that it needs to be driven over the lawn to get it back there, and a small mapl! ! e tree needs to come down in the process, but after all, it IS a vintage Airstream!  Will keep everyone posted should I end up having to actually full time in the Airstream over this still minor dispute.  It was at our local RV shop yesterday for bearing repacking, and brake adjustment, and as per recent discussion with Jill and her new unit, I would recommend this get done, it's very cheap insurance considering it cost $100 plus change, which included replacing a brake magnet.  But, in the process, I was told we needed new tires because of the dry rot.  Called a local Goodyear dealer and I'm leaving shortly to have new tires installed.  Not cheap by any means, but when I told the guy at the tire shop what the numbers were on the tires, he estimated the tires to be at least 15 years old, so if I can get that many years on the new tires, I'll be very happy.  All ready to go for the season, and can't wait to get&nb! ! sp;the Airstream parked in my favorite Michigan State Park for a relaxing several days!  I know I don't contribute much, but I read every post, and find them very informative, and some even entertaining.  And I've already been helped with several question in the past.  Thanks...

Robert