[VAC] Re: Find that blower!

WD-40 hasn't much for lubricant qualities. I'd rather use plain kerosine
for penetrating and lubricating. I have an old JD grain drill and that's
what was specified (probably from days long before WD-40 was
discovered). I have used WD-40 for things like car door hinges and found
it didn't last until the squeak was back. One drop of #30 motor oil did
better. Electric motor tends to do even better because its a variety
that doesn't gum up with age. Ordinary #30 non detergent motor oil DOES
gum up with age.

If I want penetrating oil, I've found that Kroil is super, it makes
WD-40 look like water, PB Blaster seems nearly as good and is a lot
easier to find.

Graphite lube is fine for some applications, probably not the best for
oillite motor bearings.

Gerald J.