[VAC] Oasis RV

Hi Guys,

We've been sidetracked a few days since finishing the "East and West of the Colorado River Caravan."
First, we went directly to the Region XI Rally in Casa Grande. What a super rally that was. We liked
how it was organized and especially, the laid back style. Our efforts at writing the caravan journal
were temporarily put on hold while we enjoyed the rally.

Unexpectedly, attending this rally was a timely stop for us. Oasis RV was the Airstream dealer with
service capability for 250 Airstream families. Their specially made 34' Airstream is an extensive
parts department unto itself. They brought six new Airstreams and sold one or two. Another family is
walking the plank today (here in Tucson) while transferring their gear.

The first indication we'd be doing business with Oasis at the rally came when the fire box in our 24
year old propane furnace finally rusted through in three places (pin holes) and began allowing tiny
explosions of flame (toothpick size) to come out of the box. Oasis had a new furnace in stock (exact
same size) and installed it during our second day at the rally.

Next, during the day before the rally ended, we saw how unpredictably fast a dust devil can flip our
awning over the top of our trailer. Fortunately, the support arms didn't fly off into the
adjacent Airstream nor did the flaling arms break any of our open windows on the street side.

Oasis was at our Airstream within the hour and helped me flip the awning and brackets back onto the
curb side, then tie up the brackets with wire. We drove to Oasis Monday (19 March) to have the
awning brackets replaced. The brackets were on the parts shelf just waiting for us to arrive.

While here, I sprung for polishing and recoating the end caps (3 segments at front and 3 at the
back). The peeling clear coat has been littering each of our parking spots and looked terrible. Our
last polish and clear coat of the entire trailer was 15 years ago.

Later, when I saw tambour door material (which matched ours) in the Oasis parts department, I sprung
for a big piece of it. Now the tambour slide under our kitchen is renewed. It was the only one
beginning to fall apart.

Little things all, but this Airstream dealer has been extremely responsive to our needs.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net

PS - There are five Vintage Airstreams for sale here. And, best of all, the Oasis Service Department
is well equipped to make sure everything is in good working order. That's a real benefit for buying
from them.