[VAC] Re: Trailer Covers

Hi Jim,

I've mentioned using a free standing carport in previous posts.  Properly
planned, a suitable carport in you area might cost no more than $1200.  In
my area, an 18 X 20 carport costs $595 installed.  $150 more for a three
foot height addition and another $300 for an additional 10 feet in length..

These are great basic units that will withstand some snow load.  I paid
$1400 for a 20 X 22 wide and not quite high enough at the side for the AC on
my safari. This
unit is more expensive as I opted for additional bracing to tolerate more
snow load.   I have to park the Safari about 3 feet from one side.  There's
still plenty of room to park my van along side the Safari.

I'm pretty high on this type of unit as they require almost "0" maintenance.
Also, the tin can be purchased form local roofing supply companies to extend
the sides to the ground and/or enclose the ends.  I have three of these
units with one installed in front
of my garage on the front driveway.  They would do as well along side a
house
or in the back yard.  Unless, zoning .  .  .

Take a look at the attachment.

                                                '69 Safari, Joy