[VAC] Re: tankless water heaters - more

I think the advantage in an RV is not ever running out of hot water.  Of
course that would mostly be in situations where the water is in unlimited
supply.  As for a home I KNOW that the savings is real.  We use about a
third of the gas to power our tankless hot water heater compared to the old
one, which was just an ordinary hot water heater.  Also, I never have to
wait for the water to reheat before I take a shower, run the dishwasher or
clothes washer.  The third advantage is that these things have very little
parts that ever need replacing because you are removing the corrosion prone
tank of water.  I paid about $600 for mine and have probably have more than
recouped my money's worth with the gas price hikes.  Oh, and by the way, I
never have a shower where I wish the flow was stronger, in fact it's better
flow than most regular showers I've been in.  True Story.
Jodi
Laramie, WY

PS, we also have a "clothes processor", the kind that washes and dries in
one unit and doesn't have to be vented.  Talk about New Age...