[VAC] 59 Overlander plumbing re-fit Q's

To any and all,
I am about to re-plumb the water system on my 59 Overlander. I was planning
to use the Pex pipe and Flair-It coupling system. The RV shop told me his
estimate for the job using pvc and conventional plumbing materials was $250.
parts and 30 hours at $75 per hour labour. Too steep for me, so I'm going to
do the work myself next weekend. My questions is : Any complaints on using
this Pex tubing and Flair-It products, and secondly, any tips or suggestions
on the work to be performed? Thanks for your time & attention.
Maurice DePas