[VAC] Re: Jill's find & solar cost

This brings up an interesting question, as I too am going to be using my
future A/S in many boondocking situations, most likely in the heat of
summer, possibly on asphalt, occasionally.

How, in these situations, do you keep from roasting alive, without shore
power?  The obvious answer is a good size generator, but where do you put
the darn thing?  My tow vehicle is a conversion van.  It's a diesel, so it's
got plenty of power to carry heavy stuff, but there's not a lot of room for
a big, dirty monster.  Not to mention the problem I'd have, being not the
biggest person, lugging a 4000 to 5000 watt generator in and out of my truck
(I would need a personal chiropractor - OUCH).

I've heard the term "swamp cooler".  What are those?  Are they energy
efficient?  Are they a viable alternative to an energy hog roof air
conditioner?

Thanks,
Mary