[VAC] First Step: More Batteries?

I've been reading a little product and dealer literature on solar power,
which sounds like something I might want to do after I get more pressing
rehab on my unit under control. Many of the places I'd like to spend some
time have no hookups.

If the goal is keeping batteries charges so you can run longer unhooked,
wouldn't a good first step be simply to augment the one battery in my a/s
with a couple of new buddies. If the 2-3 days per battery average I've read
about is correct, I should be able to charge up three at home before I
leave and get 6-9 days, no? (P.S.) Do these get hooked up in parallel or
serial?

Thanks,

Greg
'76 LandYacht